Sunday, April 5, 2009

sweet sunday songs

There's nothing like listening to and appreciating Kurt Elling's Live at the Green Mill version of Smoke Gets in your Eyes on a bleak and gloomy Sunday evening

Love will lead you crying in your sleep
Once you're into deep
Love will leave you lost and lonely
Love will break your heart
Love will make you fall apart
The moment that you stop belonging
Nothing ends the ache, tearing you awake
Wondering where you made your big mistake
Wishing on a star, promises go far
Now she's gone
Never in my wishing, did I think of love's pain
Now I'll have to think again
My happy ever ending is for someone else


But you can never end the night with that song because you may never want to wake up...so, you go onto Rani Arbo & Daisy Mahem's version of the classic song That's All

I can only give you love that lasts forever
And a promise to be near each time you call
And the only heart I own, is yours and yours alone
That's all, that's all
...
There are those I am sure who have told you
They would give you the world for a toy
All I have are these two arms to enfold you
And a love even time can't destroy
So if you're wondering what I'm asking in return dear
You'll be glad to know that my demands are small
Say it's me you'll adore for now and evermore
That's all, that's all
Say it's me you'll adore for now and evermore
That's all, that's all

And then the last song is Brazilian jazz pianist Eliane Elias' instrumental version of A House is not a Home - then your evening is complete.

No comments: