Thursday, September 4, 2008

Not a very Rear Window moment

I spent most of Labor Day weekend hanging out on a River North balcony. One evening, as my friends and I sat and listened to the sounds of the city, I was hoping to catch views out of a Alfred Hitchcock movie, Rear Window. Okay, not exactly, I didn't want a murder to happen, but I thought I would be able to get some interesting views of Labor Day celebrations. To my surprise, with the beautiful weather and all the balconies delight, I could not even find one fascinating sight. Instead, the only excitement we got was a rat running across the street, which I didn't even get to see. I just heard my friends say, in a matter of fact way, "Look, there's a rat running" and by the time I looked, it had disappeared underneath a car.

No comments: