Thursday, September 4, 2008

sad good-bye to summer, but hello to fall

I'm a fall season person, but this year I am very sad that summer is over. It was the most perfect summer weather that I could ever remember - barely ever hot and humid. But, as summer says good-bye and the days get shorter and the weather gets cooler, there are a few fall things I look forward to:

10. no mosquitoes, flies or wasps

9. jack-o-lanterns

8. cool crisp nights and wrapping yourself in a down comforter

7. butternut squash, acorn squash, sweet potatoes

6. fall clothes - nubby boucle jackets, supersoft cotton cords, cashmere sweaters

5. the brilliant colors of fall leaves

4. caramel apples

3. Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade - I know, but I've loved watching this parade on TV since I was a child. I was so sad when Woody Woodpecker was retired. He was a staple in the parade. Why was he retired? The pecker was too big. Seriously. After a woman was injured in 1997 by the Cat in the Hat, balloons could could no longer be larger than 70 ft high, 78 ft long and 40 ft wide and therefore Woody Woodpecker, Cat in the Hat and the Pink Panther bid farewell. Why can't they make Woody smaller and bring him back?! (don't say it.)

2. NFL Football season - I'm so excited the NFL season started TONIGHT, Redskins vs. NY Giants. Bears vs. Colts on Sunday!

1. THANKSGIVING the best holiday ever - no hassle or stress of buying presents; just family, friends, food and a four day weekend!

No comments: