Sunday, September 28, 2008


Alex Papachristidis, Interior Designer
Home of jewelry designer
Fruzsina Keehn
Elle Decor November 2006


This stunning bedroom is my absolute dream bedroom. I have a copy of this issue of Elle Decor magazine and I don't keep it with my other zillions of magazines stacked on the floor of my bedroom. I'm afraid it might mistakenly be thrown out or somehow get lost. So, it is kept in my important document desk drawer where my passport, car title, and birth certificate are stored. Trust me if I had a fireproof safe, this issue of Elle Decor would be in it. This photo only shows half of the two page spread that appeared in the magazine. I adore everything in this bedroom from the beautiful 19th century German commode (which you cannot see very well in this picture), to the floor sweeping gray taffeta drapes, the pair of 19th century French gilt wood mirrors, and the antique Venetian chandelier. The room incorporates my favorite colors: gray, white and gold - so classic and elegant. Every so often, my eyes will come across another beautifully designed bedroom that is completely different than this one - vibrant green, pale blue or a soothing taupe with more contemporary furniture and finishing touches. And for a split second, I think maybe I want my dream bedroom to look like that instead of the Alex Papachristidis' creation. But once I open to page 180, complete happiness and desire overcomes me and I instantly know that this is the most perfect and beautiful bedroom.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful room. The palette so serene and sophisticated. I worry that the mirrors would fall on me in my slumber and kill me-- but that's just me. Glad you opened up to comments, I have been reading for a while and I love your blog. You come across as funny and smart and attractive. Which is all true!

Karla Alzona said...

Thanks beantown gal! I actually have a rather large mirror above my bed right now and occasionally I get nervous that it may topple on me while I sleep - hmmm, what I'll do for aesthetics sometimes. And thanks for the kudos - I'm glad you enjoy my blog!